Tuesday 1 November 2011

Solo Tabletop Gaming Appreciation Month is here!

It is dark. It is rainly. It is cold. It is a typical November in Sweden.

And it is the Solo Tabletop Gaming Appreciation Month!

By an initiative by JF of the SoloNexus blog, this is an event dedicated to solitaire tabletop gaming. Any project related to solitaire tabletop gaming seems to be welcome, so I will join the force of solitaire gamers and contribute with the following project:

A solitaire plugin module for the fantasy skirmish minitaure wargame Song of Blades and Heroes. In other words, my goal this month is to create a set of rules, that (on a VERY basic level) mimics a human player, and could be used as an automated opponent when playing this game solitaire.

I will most likely not have a finished product by the end of the month, but my hope is to have something playable. A draft. I will continuously update this blog with the progress, and in the end of the month, the result.

4 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to this! The average solo method usually is to roll three different colored dice plus another to see how many activations count. I get some pretty dumb results this way. I'll be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry! Within a few days, I will publish the basic concept/mechanics of my project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm a big fan of SBH too, and play it a solo a lot (with no special solo rules). I'll be very eager to read about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress so far is good. I'm play-testing an early draft as we speak. I will post the details of how it is playing tomorrow or in two days.

    ReplyDelete