Wednesday 2 November 2011

SBH-SOLO [Project update #1]

SBH-SOLO = Song of Blades and Heroes Solitaire

In other words, SBH-SOLO is the official name of the project that I have undertaken for this November as a part of the Solo Tabletop Gaming Appreciation Month, mentioned in an earlier post this week. I am about to create some kind of solitaire rules for the miniature skirmish wargame Song of Blades and Heroes.

This is the first post, showing the progress of the project. Not much details in this post. More details of the basic concept/idea/mechanics behind the solitaire rules will follow tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Anyway, here's a photo showing early play-testing. I don't even have "real" miniatures (have ordered online, not yet received), so I'm playing with small wooden cubes. Since my goal is play-testing and developing of the solitaire rules, this setup is good enough.

6 comments:

  1. http://dogui.wordpress.com/2010/10/21/solitaire-song-of-blades-and-heroes/

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dogui!

    I read your post last week, but I still decided I wanted to do something for SBH. From what I can tell, your post mostly deals with how many activation dice a figure will roll. With my project, I intend to dig into the nomination part, as well as how the figures actually spend their actions.

    By the way, I like your cards, that you use instead of the roster sheets! They are good looking! =)

    Best regards,
    Mats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen my solo rules for SDS? Might give you some ideas....

    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_68vh2U4DoKNWU1YjJkZDgtNWQ1Ni00MzMyLWEwNmQtZGM4Y2E3NzRjMDhl&hl=en_US&pli=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, haven't really seen any other solitaire rules for miniatures games, since those type are not the ones I normally play.

    I will have a look at your stuff right after this weekend, after posting the first playable draft of my project. Thanks!

    /Mats

    ReplyDelete
  5. SDS is just a Napoleonic version of SBH and I think we had some similar ideas :) But I think very few people from SBH/SGD players accepted what I offered, considering it too complicated. Dougui's rules are still the most popular ones, since they are simple, and they go well with the spirit of the game...

    ReplyDelete